Ayurvedic Single Formulations use in the treatment of fever. This Drugs given in this article are suggested by CCIM and the Ministry of Ayush for BAMS Doctors.
The Acharyas of Ayurveda have considered fever as the most important and dominant disease. The word fever has also been used as a synonym for disease. One of the main reasons why fever is predominant is that fever occurs in all beings from birth to death. It is an independent disease and also manifests as a symptom of many diseases. There is also a description of Rudra Kop. Jathragni pathology has special significance in the origin of this disease.
It affects both body and mind equally. In modern medical science, it is known as Fever or Pyrexia.
Ayurvedic Drugs Used in Treatment of Jwar
The best Medicine for treating Fever are Guduci, Chirayata, Mustak, Pippali, and Vasa. Their Dose, Forms, and Anupam are given in the below picture.
- Guduci (Swarasa) – 10ml with Honey or pippali curna
- Chirayata (Phanta Kalpana) – 30ml with dhanyaka leave.
- Katuki (Curna Kalpana) – 3gm Twice a Day with Sugar.
- Mustak (Kwatha Kalpana) – 30ml with Parpata Curna
- Pippali (Curna Kalpana) – 2gm twice a Day with Honey.
- Vasa (Swaras) – 10ml twice a day with Sugar and Honey.
Compound Formulation (औषधि योग )
Medicine that contains more than one kashta (herbs) or Rasa dravya is known as a compound formulation.
Some Compound drugs commonly used to treat fever are
- Sudarsana Curna – 3gm twice a Day with Coldwater.
- Trilokya Curna (Vati) – 125mg Twice a Day with Coconut water.
- Mrtyunjaya Rasa (Vati) – 250mg Twice a Day with Honey.
- Dasamula Kwatha (kwath) – 30ml Twice a Day with Water.
- Sanjivani Vati – 250mg Twice a Day with Ginger juice.
- Laksmivilasa Rasa (Vati) – 250mg twice a day with ginger juice or Paan ka Patta (betel leaf juice).
- Maha Jwarancusa Rasa (vati) – 250mg Twice a Day with Ginger juice or Honey.
- Tribhuvan Kirti Rasa (Vati) – 250mg with Ginger juice or Honey.
- Chandrakala Rasa (Vati) – 250mg Twice a Day with water
- Srngarabhra Rasa (vati) – 250mg twice a Day with Honey
- Amrtarista (Aristha) – 20ml 20ml twice a day with an equal quantity of water.
- Chandana Bala lakshadi taila (Taila) – For External use, Quantity Sufficient (Q.S.)
The Panchkarma and other procedures if required may be rationally given by the Doctor on case to case basis. The above-mentioned dose is for the use of adults. However, the dose and duration of therapy, pathya & apathya may be conveniently decided by the Doctor on case to case basis on Ayurvedic principles.
Disclaimer – The following text is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice or professional services. It should not be used as a substitute for consulting with a qualified doctor or healthcare provider. The information provided here is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. If you have any questions or concerns about your health, please contact your doctor or healthcare provider immediately.