This is the Question bank of Swasthvritta Paper 1 for Bams 3rd year students. Bams ug exam of 3rd year are coming so i am giving you this question bank for practice. Here are some important question asked in Bams 3rd year swasthvritta subject. Best of luck for your exam my dear students. Comment if you want anything else for study.
2 Marks questions
1. What is the objective of Swasthvrutta?
2. What are the benefits of “ Jihva Nirlekhana”?
3. Define “ Ritu Viparyaya”.
4. Enlist any four effects of alcohol consumption.
5. On which places, copulation is prohibited according to Ayurveda?
6. Define “Prajnaparadha”
7. Define Swastha.
8. TO whom, Abhayanga Should not be applied?
9. Defien Sadvritta.
10. Which acts are contra-indicated after food consumption? For How much
11. Enlist the dimensions of health.
12. Enlist the contra -indications of Anjana.
13. Write the functions of Vitamin B-6.
14. Enlist the properties of vegetarian diet.
15. Enlist the name of any four Adharaniya Vegas.
16. What is known as Brahma Muhurta and why?
17. Enlist the benefits of Chankrmana?
18. What is meant by Ritu Haritaki?
19. Enlist any four components included in Achara Rasayana.
20. Enlist the function of ‘Magnesium’ in body.
21. Enlist the contra-indications of Dhumapana.
22. Enlist the activities which are contra-indicated during Sandhya kala.
23. Enlist any four Apatarpana Janya Vyadhis (Deficiency disorders)
24. Enlist the types of Nidra.
25. Enlist the effects of Ativyavaya.
26. What is meant by Achara Rasayana.
27. Define Chankramana
28. Write any four important points regarding preservation of food.
29. Enlist any four benefits of vegetarian diet.
30. Enlist any four Sharira Rakshanatmaka Karya (Body protecting activities)
31. Enlist any eight times of Pratimarsha Nasya according to the classics.
32. Enlist harmful effects occurring due to excessive Vyayama.
33. Define Adhyasana.
34. What is meant by Kritanna Varga?
35. Enlist the milk borne disorders.
36. Write the definition of Upavasa (Fasting).
37. Write the difference between Marsha Nasya and Pratimarsha Nasya.
38. How many Ahara Vidhi Visheshayatanani are there? Which are they?
39. Write the utility of Lavana (Salt) in diet.
40. Write the difference between Dhumapana and Dhuma Nasya .
41. What is the meaning of Adanakala and Visargakala ?
42. What is meant by Nindita Purusha?
43. Enlist the difference between personal and social health.
44. What is meant by Dinacharya?
45. Write the milk examination.
46. Write any four qualities of vegetarian diet.
47. Enlist any four disorders generated by Santarpana.
48. What means the balanced diet?
49. Write the vitamin deficiency disorders.
50. Write the difference between Kavala and Gandusha.
51. Write the meaning of Apatarpana?
52. Write the definition of Brahmacharya.
53. What means by Ritusandhi?
54. Write the benefits of Vyayama.
5 Marks Questions:
1. Write a short mote on: Psychosocial dimension of health
2. Write a short mote on: “Dhumapana Vidhi” and its important in health prevention.
3. Write a short mote on: Bhojana Pashchat Karma
4. Write a short mote on: Importance of “Sharira Shodhana” with regards to personal hygiene.
5. Write a short mote on: Physical dimensions of health according to Ayurveda.
6. Which acts are contra-indicated during Sandhya kala? Why?
7. Write a short note on: Ritu Sandhi of Sharada Ritu and Hemant Ritu.
8. Write a short mote on: Dantadhavana
9. Write a short mote on: Grishma Ritucharya
10. Write a short mote on: Methodology of sleeping
11. Write a short mote on: Rasayana for Swasth.
12. Write a short mote on: Non leafy and leafy vegetables and their
importance in health.
13. Write a short mote on: Varsha Ritucharya.
14. Write a short mote on: Rules related to coitus.
15. Write a short mote on: Diseases occurring due to suppression of the urges of feces and sneezing and their management.
16. Write a short mote on: Anjana
17. Write a short mote on: Sharada Ritucharya.
18. Write a short mote on: Dvadasha Ashana Pravicharana.
19. Write a short mote on: Prjnaparadha
20. Write a short mote on: Arogyalinganai
21. Write a short mote on: Visargakala and its importance in health.
22. Write a short mote on: Importance of food with six tastes.
23. Write a short mote on: Health regimen during menstruation.
24. Write a short mote on: Snana
25. Write a short mote on: Brahmacharya
26. Write a short mote on: Aharavidhi Vishesha Ayatana
27. Write a short mote on: Importance of Adharaniya Vegas in Health.
28. Diseases occurring due to Mansa Ahara.
29. Explain the importance of Trayopasthambha in life.
30. Explain the Sutra “Abhyangam Acharet Nityam…” in context to health prevention.
31. Write the importance of Pathyapathya.
32. Write a short mote on: Nutrition.
33. Describe meat examination.
34. Achara Rasayana
35. Composition and examination of milk.
36. Write the physical and psychological effects of narcotic substances.
37. Diseases occurring due to suppression of natural urges
10 mark questions
1. Describe “Vasanta Ritucharya” based on Ayurvedic logic.
2. How many “ Ahara Vishesh Ayatanani” ? Which are they? Explain ‘Karana’ as “Aharavidhivisheshayatana”.
3. Defining ‘Dharaniya Vegani” enlist them. Explain their importance in health prevention.
4. Defining Swasthvritta, explain its applied utility in medical practice.
5. Defining ‘Lifestyle generated disorders’, describe Ayurvedic diet for “Diabetes Mellitus and “Coronary Heart Diseases” with explanation.
6. What is Nidra? Which are its types? What is the management for Ati Nidra? How it will cure Ati Nidra?
7. Writing Arogyalingani (Signs of health), explain the objectives and importance of Swasthvrutta.
8. Explaining the accumulation, aggravation and subsidence of Doshas with reference to Ritucharya, write its applied utility.
9. Explain the importance of Astavidha Aharavidhi Visheshayatana in planning Pathya-Apathya.
10.Explain the importance of Dinacharya in personal health giving suitable examples.
11.Defining balanced diet, explain the balanced diet for workers of various categories giving suitable examples.
12.Explain the interrelationship of Sleep-Health-Diseases.
13.Writing the definition of “Swastha”, explain the concept of wellbeing.
14.Explain the utility of Ayurvedokta Dinacharya.
15.Describe Viruddha Ahara and its effects.
16.Writing the definition of “Swasthavritta”, explain its objectives and importance.
17.Explain Sadvritta and its applied utility.
18.Writing the definition of health given by World Health Organization, explain the dimensions of health.
19.Explain the importance of applied aspects of Ratricharya.
20.Explain the role of Sadvritta and Achara Rasayana in the prevention of psycho-somatic disorders.
21.Writing the definition of “Swastha” and explain the importance of Dharaniya Vega in Health.
23.Explain in detail of Aharaparinamakara Bhavas.
24.Writing the definition of “Swasthavritta” and characteristics of Swasth Purusha (Healthy person).
25.Explain the origin, types and importance of Nidra according to Ayurveda.
26.Describe Vasantarutucharya in detail.
Section – B
2 marks questions
1. Define ‘Jnana’ Yoga’
2. Mention the derivation of word ‘Yoga’
3. What is ‘Mitahara’ in Yogic practices?
4. Mention the qualities and actions of Jala Tattva.
5. Define ‘Spinal Bath’.
6. What is ‘Mruttika Lepa’? Write down its therapeutic utility.
7. Describe Vasant Ritucharya with logical explanation.
8. How many “ Ahara Vishesh Ayatanani” ? Which are they? Explain
‘Karana’ as “Aharavidhivisheshayatana”.
9. Defining ‘Dharaniya Vegani” enlist them. Explain their importance in
10.Explain the verse “ Haridaya hi Chetana Sthanam uktam Shsruta
11.Write short note: Psychosocial dimension of health.
12.Write short note: Dhumapana Vidhi and its importance in health
13.Define “ Rituviparyaya”
14.Enlist any four adverse effects of Alcohol consumption.
15.On which places, the copulation is prohibited according to Ayurveda?
17.What is Bhakti Yoga?
18.Enlist ‘Niyama’ as described by Maharshi Patanjali.
19.Which conditions are contraindicated for ‘Sarvangasana.’
20. Define Shitali Pranayama. What is whirlpool bath?
21.Mention only method for ‘Mruttika Nimajjana’.
22.Enlist the benefits of Bhadrasana.
23.Write the technique of Gomukhasana in brief.
24.Write the definition of Dhyana.
25.Write the utility of foot bath.
26.Write the therapeutic effects of red coloured rays. What is meant by
27.Enlist of benefits of Sarvangasana.
28.Write the definition of Pratyahara.
29.What is meant by Satyabuddhi?
30.When can Hot Water treatment be administered?
31.Enlist the types of Mud along with therapeutic utility.
32.Enlist the types of Mardana (massage) along with their benefits.
33.Write the benefits of Halasana.
34.Write the signs of Avara Pranayama.
35.Enlist any four characteristics of Muktatma.
36.Write the effects of Mud bath.
37.Write the effects of Indigo coloured rays on health.
38.Write the types of Upavasa (Fasting).
40.Write the benefits of lower abdomen wet pack on urinary system.
41.Write the technique of Spinal bath in brief.
42.Enlist the method of Chromo therapy.
43.Write the importance of Infra-red rays in health.
44.What is meant by Panchabhutopasana?
45.Write the benefits of steam bath.
46.Enlist the conditions where Mud bath should not be done.
47.Enlist the types of Enema according to Nisargopachara.
48.Enlist the effect of Green rays on health.
49.Disadvantages of Shirshasana.
51.Types of Yama.
55.Symptoms of Muktatma.
57.Definition of Vishramana.
58.Write the benefits of Spinal Bath in brief.
59.Write the effect of Trataka Karma on circulatory system. What is
therapeutic importance of Vishramana ?
60.What is meant by Satyabuddhi?
61.Write the symptoms of Moksha.
62.Enlist the benefits of Sarvangasana.
63.Write the effect of red coloured rays on health.
64.Write the method of collection and mixing of Mud (Soil).
65.What are the usages of Enema?
66.Write a short note on: Rajayoga.
5 Marks Questions
1. Enlisting eight limbs of Yoga, Describe Yama, Niyama and Asana in
2. Describe Mud bath in detail.
3. Explain quote “ Vruttaya panch Tayya Klishta-Aklishta”
4. Write short note: Paschimottanasana.
5. Write short note: Biochemical effects and advantages and
disadvantages of sun bath.
6. Write short note: Foot bath with hot water.
7. Write Short note: Akasha Tattva Chikitsa.
8. Describe ‘Shadkarmani’ as mentioned in Hathayoga with all details.
9. Mentioning qualities- actions of Vayu Tattva, describe its therapeutic
dimensions in detail.
10. Explain the quotation: “Sthiram Sukham Asanam”.
11. Write short note: Pavanmuktasana-method, benefits and
12. Write short note: Yoga therapy for diabetes mellitus.
13. Write short note: Application of hot water pack.
14. Write short note: Types of Upavasa and their importance
15. Describe Shatkarmas.
16. Describe Bhakti Yoga and Hatha Yoga.
17. Write short note on: Niyama and its importance in health.
18. Write short note on: Benefits of Paschimottanasana and Ujjayi.
19. Write short note on: Yoga therapy for Asthama.
20. Write short note on: Fasting therapy.
21. Panch Koshas and their importance in health.
22. Write a short note on: Ashta Aishvarya.
23. Write a short note on: Effects of Bhujangasana and Shavasana.
24. Write a short note on: Symptoms of Nadi Shuddhi.
25. Explain the verse: Susnigdha Madhura Ahara…..”
26. Write a short note on: Helio therapy.
27. Write a short note on: Naturopathic Diet.
28. Shatachakras and their therapeutic utility.
29. Development of Yoga Science.
30. Write short note on: Ardhakatichakrasana and Vajrasana. Write short
note on: benefits of Pranayama.
31. Write short note on: Spinal bath.
32. Write short note on: Types of Massage.
33. Write the various definitions of Yoga with suitable examples.
34. Ideology of the Indian School of Naturopathy.
35. Write a short note on: Niyama and its importance on health.
36. Write short note on: Ardhakatichakrasana and Matsyasana.
37. Write short note on: Positive diet according to Naturopathy
38. Write a short note on: Various streams of Yoga.
39. Write about various references of Yoga Science in Auyurveda.
40. Write a short note on: Homologus and Non-Homologus diet during Pranayama.
41. Write a short note on: Dharana.
42. Explain Sutra: “Yoga Karmeshu Kaushalam”
43. Method of Jalandhar Bandh.
44. Shatkarma – Six Karmas.
45. Utility of rest in treatment.
46. Dhyanatmaka Asanas.
47. Write the similarity between Nisargopachara and Yoga. Describe the Mardana (Massage) therapy.
48. Write the importance of Yogasana in maintain of health and explain in detail “Sthiram Shukha Asanama”.
49. Write the impoatance of Shatakriya in maintain of health and explain their implementation in Dincharya (Day to Day)
50. Write the technique and the benefits of Bhujangasana.
51. Write the aim and importance of Nisargopachara.
10 mark questions
1. Explain “Yogah Karmasu Kaushalam” with appropriate examples.
2. What is steam bath? Describe its indications and contraindications along with physiological actions.
3. Writing the definition of Nisargopachara, describe its historical background.
4. Describe the relation between Nisargopachara and Ayurveda.
5. Describe the therapeutic importance of Yoga and Nisargopachara in the present era.
6. Explain the therapeutic importance of Nisargopachara in present era.
7. What is Nisargopachara? Explain its relationship with Ayurveda and describe importance of prevention of health.
8. Describe Astang Yoga and its relation with Ayurved.
9. Effect of Asanas in prevention of health.
10. Describe the different meanings of Yoga and write its relation with Ayurveda.
11. Write down the definition, aims and objectives of Naturopathy with its importance.
12. Define Upavasa with example and write about its importance in health.
13. Describe the western school of Naturopathy.
If you are a Bams student and want to support us then follow us on.